Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quick update

Ciao! Things are going well here on my Tuscan adventure. Last weekend I went on a school planned trip to a vineyard/winery in Montefioralle. Its a tiny little town on top of a mountain about 45 minutes away from Florence. We learned that we were actually in the heart of the Chianti region, and got to try 4 different bottles. They served us some great snacks too! We also were informed that bottles of wine with the black rooster on the neck of the bottle with the pink seal is a type of certification from the government saying that the wine is truly from the Chianti region of Italy. Some of you at home might want to take note! I found that my taste in reds is refined, and brought home a 2008 Riserva Chianti which is a type of wine made with only grapes from vines 15 years or older, and is left in the barrels for an extra year before it is bottled. Chianti is also a mix of three different grapes actually, which I did not know. It was a great day and the view was great!

Me and some grapes

Roomie and I 

Okay fried pizza dough - does it get better than that? They also had fresh bread with olive oil from their olive trees, pizza, and bread w different meats. 

The label I was talking about.

Such a beautiful place!


Vineyard.

I feel like time is going by quickly. People are already talking about midterms! I think that having class only once a week makes it harder to feel like we've done a lot but I do have a bit of homework outside of class. Obviously not too much that I can't still have fun. I like my classes, they're not very challenging yet (sparing Italian) but I'm sure that will come after we've divulged a bit. 

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Barcelona for the weekend - check back Sunday for some hopefully amazing stories/pics! And on that note - ADIOS!

One love, 
VA